Virginia State SealDHR logo
Southern Biscuit Co., Richmond
 Richmond

The Southern Biscuit Company, also known as FFV and Interbake, was founded in Richmond in 1899. The company building dates to 1927 and served Southern Biscuit until it relocated its cookie-and-cracker production elsewhere in 2006.
   The building is an excellent example of industrial design by Francisco & Jacobus, a successful New York firm. Sourthern Biscuit Co. was best known for its shortbread as well as its chocolate-covered cookies, and in the 1930s it became the first company to produce the Girl Scouts of America’s now-famous cookies.
   The company sign and the water tower atop the building are contributing structures to the building's listing in the Virginia Landmarks Register.
              Three photos