Virginia State SealDHR logo
Village landscape photo
At the center of the village of Foster Falls is the former Foster Falls Hotel (the large building center right in this 2008 photo) built in 1887-88. The brick buildings to the right of the hotel were constructed after the hotel became an orphanage in 1938, and one served as a dormitory for boys.  The green roof of the railroad depot, restored by New River Trail State Park, can be seen to the lower left of the hotel building.