Review & Compliance Division (RCD)
DHR represents the Commonwealth of Virginia’s interests in our significant historic, architectural, archaeological, and cultural resources.
The Review and Compliance Division (RCD) serves to advise and assist Federal and state agencies in determining if their projects will affect our significant historic/cultural resources and, if so, how to address and resolve those effects.
The links below lead to more information on these specific topics.
- Project Review Request: ePIX – Electronic Project Information Exchange: To start and track the review process.
- Federal Project Review: Covers Section 106 and Section 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act, with special guidance on the review of Cell Towers.
- State Project Review: Covers Environmental Impact Reports, state demolitions, and stewardship of historic state properties.
- Technical Assistance: For local rezoning requests and preservation ordinances.
- Permits: For archaeological investigations on state-controlled lands, burials, underwater exploration and recovery, and cave collections.
- Laws and Regulations: See state and Federal preservation codes, burial laws.
- DRC Staff Contacts: See RCD staff assignments and program areas.
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions for Federal Review or for State Review.
Updated July 6, 2018