Vale School-Community House, Fairfax Co., Slideshow

Virginia State SealDHR logo

      Photos

Community House Activities, 1930s.


One important mission for the women of the Vale Club was to provide educational and social activities for the community’s children.
  
 In 1936, Vale Club held the first Vale Community Exhibit at the Community House (top photo).
   In 1937, in conjunction with their home demonstration work, the women organized and sponsored the first Vale
4-H Club (bottom) and continued its sponsorship of 4-H Club activities through the 1960s.
 
   In return, 4-H youth helped with the upkeep of the Community House and its grounds.  (Photos: Vale Club Archives)