Flint Hill Baptist Church is the home of one of the earliest Baptist congregations in Rappahannock County. One of the Town of Flint Hill’s most prominent antebellum landmarks, the 1854 church was built on land conveyed by Alfred Dearing. The simple frame church evolved into a more fashionable Victorian-era church with the addition of a front tower with an open belfry and interior alterations in the 1890s. Six large stained-glass windows, rare for their size and quality, were also installed in the sanctuary around 1900.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark