Hibbs Bridge is one of a dwindling number of stone arch “turnpike” bridges remaining in Virginia and the third oldest bridge in Loudoun County. Constructed in 1829 along one of the earliest turnpikes in the state, Snickers Gap Turnpike, Hibbs Bridge was owned and maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation at the time of its listing in the registers in 2010-2011. The two-span arched, fieldstone bridge had been rehabilitated in 2007-08, and it features stone parapets and wing walls.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark