Ashburn Presbyterian Church is located at the southern edge of the small railroad village of Ashburn in Loudoun County. It is one of the last Carpenter Gothic-style churches to survive in Northern Virginia. Constructed in 1878, the frame church has board-and-batten cladding, a steeply pitched gable roof with broad eaves, and a small gable over each door and window. The interior of the church also retains much of its original character. Improvements during the 20th century include the installation of electricity in 1925 and two additions to the rear of the church: an education building in 1967, and a large multi-purpose building in 1992, which is connected to the education building addition by way of a covered breezeway. To both the north and south of the church is a large, unenclosed cemetery. More than 120 graves from the 19th and 20th centuries are marked with inscribed stones. The Ashburn Presbyterian Church cemetery also contains a number of unmarked graves.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark