The Flint Hill Historic District is located in northern Rappahannock County. The district arose as a crossroads community beginning in the 1740s and was established in 1843 by an act of the General Assembly. During the next century, the community grew into a thriving regional village. The compact, linear-shaped historic district includes residential dwellings, retail and agricultural buildings such as apple-packing sheds, and schools and churches, all representing the village’s development and exhibiting a variety of popular architectural styles such as Federal, Greek Revival, Gothic Revival, Italianate and Craftsman.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark