Constructed around 1791, Green Hill is one of the few 18th-century Georgian/Federal-style houses remaining in the city of Virginia Beach, the former Princess Anne County. Built by the Lovetts, a prominent founding family of the county, the original portion of the dwelling uses the “hall-and-parlor” plan, a once common house form in the Tidewater region. Green Hill was expanded in 1954 by leading regional architect Finlay Ferguson, Jr.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark