Board Activities & Public Meetings
Quarterly Board Meetings
The Board of Historic Resources and the State Review Board meet quarterly to consider new nominations of historic sites for listing in the Virginia Landmarks Register (VLR) and the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). The two boards also consider proposed updates and boundary increases to nominations for sites previously listed in the VLR and NRHP.
Additionally, the Board of Historic Resources considers new or proposed updates to historical highway markers, and new preservation easements. The State Review Board discusses and evaluates Preliminary Information Forms (PIFs) that DHR staff has requested to be considered (the first step toward listing a site on the state or national registers). On occasion, the boards convene for special meetings, which are announced in advance.
Prior to each quarterly meeting, DHR posts information about new nominations, highway markers, easements, and PIFs on this webpage, along with an agenda for the meeting.
The public is welcome to attend quarterly and special board meetings.
Public Participation at Board of Historic Resources Meetings Information
2022-2023 Schedule for Quarterly Joint Board Meetings:
December 8, 2022 (second Thurs.)
March 16, 2023 (third Thursday of the month)
June 15, 2023 (third Thursday)
September 21, 2023 (third Thursday)
December 14, 2023 (second Thursday
Check below for time, place, and agenda for each meeting.
Next Quarterly Meeting of the Virginia Board of Historic Resources & State Review Board, December 8, 2022
This joint quarterly public meeting of the Virginia Board of Historic Resources and the State Review Board will convene at 10:00 a.m. December 8, 2022 in Virginia Museum of History and Culture, 428 N. Arthur Ashe Blvd., Richmond, Virginia 23220.
This meeting will be also available via WebEx.
REGISTER FOR THE DECEMBER 8, 2022 QUARTERLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF HISTORIC RESOURCES & STATE REVIEW BOARD
The nominations below were approved for listing on the Virginia Landmarks Register (VLR) and for forwarding to the National Park Service for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Crewe Commercial Historic District, Town of Crewe, Nottoway County, DHR No. 203-0048
- Julius Rosenwald High School, Northampton County, DHR No. 066-0075
- Keysville Historic District, Town of Keysville, Charlotte County, DHR No. 248-5001
- Rotherwood, Southampton County, DHR No. 087-0045
- Walnut Hill Historic District, City of Petersburg, DHR No. 123-5505
- Woodhurst Neighborhood Historic District, City of Virginia Beach, DHR No. 134-5874
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Cemetery, City of Alexandria, DHR No. 100-0143
- Union Street School, Town of Leesburg, Loudoun County, DHR No. 253-5117
- Boude-Deaver House, City of Lexington, DHR No. 117-0027-0279
- Colony House Motor Lodge, City of Roanoke, DHR No. 128-6477
- Gravel Hill Christian Church, Craig County, DHR No. 022-5048
Preliminary Information Forms
- Blue Hills Farm, City of Roanoke, DHR No. 128-5980
- Cason’s Farm, Rockbridge County, DHR No. 081-1152
- Ivy Cliff, Bedford County, DHR No. 009-0010
- Paxton, Samuel, House, Rockbridge County, DHR No. 081-0307
- Rehabilitation Building, Smyth County, DHR No. 119-5006-0004
- Asbury Methodist Church, Town of Middleburg, Loudoun County, DHR No. 259-0162-0011
- Bank of Potomac/ Executive Office and Governor’s Residence of the Restored Government of Virginia, City of Alexandria,
DHR No. 100-0005
- Criglersville Historic District, Madison County, DHR No. 056-5015
- Dobbins Farm, Loudoun County, DHR No. 053-6520
- Edward Dowling Potts House, Purcellville, DHR No. – 053-0910
- Folly Mills, Augusta County, DHR No. 007-0911
- Laurel Hill Farm, Loudoun County, DHR No. 053-6244
- New Market Battlefield Historic District, New Market, DHR No. 269-5001
- Tops Cleaners, Arlington County, DHR No. 000-4820
- Minor House, City of Charlottesville, DHR No. 104-5951
- Samuel D. Outlaw Blacksmith Shop, Town of Onancock, Accomack County, DHR No. 273-0014
- White Marsh, Gloucester County, DHR No. 036-0052
- Woodland Cemetery, Henrico County, DHR No. 043-0742
Most Recent Board Training Session, March 16, 2022
Most Recent Board Training Session will convened at Virginia Museum of History & Culture, Halsey Family Lecture Hall on March 16, 2022.
View a recording of the training session here.
Updated December 2, 2022