Silverbrook Methodist Church in the southern Fairfax County village of Lorton, is a well-maintained example of an early-20th-century Gothic Revival rural church. The original church, which contains a sanctuary, was built between 1906–1908, and is a rectangular, one-story, one-room, gable-front, frame structure with a projecting front vestibule topped by a bell tower. The bell tower is covered with wooden fish-scale shingles and capped by a metal roof and finial. Windows are rectangular, topped by a Gothic triangular arch. Connected to the northwest elevation is a one-story cinderblock addition built in 1957 and a second cinderblock structure attached in 1990 to the rear of the first. The graveyard, located on the northern and rear section of the church property, dates from 1911. The wooded setting of the Silverbrook Methodist Church has changed very little.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark