043-0755

Seven Pines National Cemetery

VLR Listing Date

08/28/1995

NRHP Listing Date

10/26/1995

NRHP Reference Number

95001182

Although the Seven Pines National Cemetery is located on the 1862 battlefield of the same name, most of the nearly 1,400 Union soldiers buried here were moved from graves at Savage’s Station and other locations within a four-mile radius of the cemetery. The Henrico County cemetery was established on June 27, 1866; the frame superintendent’s lodge built that year was replaced in 1874 by one in the Second Empire style from a design by Quartermaster General Montgomery C. Meigs. Seven Pines National Cemetery preserves part of the battlefield on which Gen. Robert E. Lee took command of the Army of Northern Virginia on June 1, 1862.  It was listed in the registers under the Civil War-Era National Cemeteries Multiple Property Document (MPD).

Last Updated: June 2, 2023

Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.

Abbreviations:
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark

For additional information Read

Nomination Form

043-0544

Chatsworth School

Henrico (County)

043-6271

Sandston Historic District

Henrico (County)

043-0016

Dabbs House

Henrico (County)