Fair Oaks was built in 1881. At the time of its listing, it was a 91-acre working farm in Loudoun County. The property’s two-and-a-half-story frame house, with a front porch and a rear ell, was built by Alexander Moore, whose family ran the Aldie Mill at the time. The house is constructed of many materials produced at the mill. The property also includes four secondary buildings also built in the early 1880s, including a hay barn and a springhouse. Fair Oaks is important as a well-preserved example of a late-19th-century farm. It also contains a Moore family cemetery, established in 1844.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark