In existence by 1769, the New Dublin Presbyterian Church is the oldest surviving Presbyterian congregation in Southwest Virginia. The current church building, built in 1875, is located just over a mile north of the center of the town of Dublin in Pulaski County. The New Dublin Presbyterian Church building incorporates fabric from an 1840 church that stood on the same spot. Exterior features include scoring of the stucco to simulate ashlar masonry, a front entry with fanlight, a rose window, and a limestone foundation. The site also includes an 1874 manse, a cemetery established on the eve of the Civil War, and two outbuildings. The manse, located to the west of the church, is a two-story Gothic Revival house that was enlarged in the early 20th century and remodeled in the early 1980s. The cemetery, located south of the church, contains mostly marble and granite monuments dating from the third quarter of the 19th century through to the present.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark