This dignified Colonial Revival house was built in 1909 for Nathaniel Burwell Harvey. Harvey employed James D. Chapman, an itinerant artisan, to embellish the entire interior with elaborate stenciled decoration. This rare decorative treatment was lost when the house was demolished in 1996.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark