Constructed in 1939, the Charlottesville Coca-Cola Bottling Works is one of the city’s largest and most prominent examples of Art Deco architecture. The building’s front side highlights the company’s signature logo, which is set above a recessed entrance. The company used the building as a bottling plant until 1973, and thereafter as a distribution center until it closed in 2010. In 2012 it was repurposed using historic rehabilitation tax credits to house offices and laboratories for a company that specializes in immunodiagnostics and biotechnology.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark