Constructed between 1820 and 1824 for Joseph Thornton, the Morrison House was one of the few early dwellings remaining in downtown Harrisonburg. It stood in an excellent state of preservation until 1982 when the Wetsel Seed Company demolished the house for use as a parking lot.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark