This two-room cottage was a relic of Montgomery White Sulphur Springs, a popular spa begun in the 1850s. The resort closed in 1904, and the cottage was moved to Christiansburg. It was listed under the Prehistoric and Historic Resources of Montgomery County MPD. It was demolished in the early 1990s.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark