Lee Hall Depot, located in the City of Newport News, was erected circa 1881 on the Chesapeake & Ohio rail line. The depot gave rise to the village of Lee Hall. A wood Stick-style building consisting of a two-story central section flanked by single-story wings, the depot also served communities in lower James City County. It is the only remaining station of five on the Lower Virginia Peninsula that resulted from the railroad’s expansion into Warwick County (present-day Newport News). Passenger service at the station ended in the late 1970s, and in 2008 CSX (formerly C&O Railroad) donated the depot to the City of Newport News. The city relocated the Lee Hall Depot across the tracks to prevent its demolition.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark