The University of Richmond‘s Cannon Memorial Chapel, constructed in 1929, was designed in the Late Gothic Revival style by Charles M. Robinson, a prominent Virginia architect who designed many of Virginia’s public schools as well as buildings at today’s James Madison University and the College of William and Mary. Recalling the university’s character as a denominational institution, Cannon Memorial Chapel features a large interior nave with a soaring vaulted ceiling, arched stained-glass windows along its clerestory, and a rose window above its entrance. The exterior is constructed of brick and stone and cast concrete pinnacles.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark