The Southern Biscuit Company building in Richmond dates to 1927, and served the company (also known as FFV and Interbake) until it relocated its cookie and cracker production elsewhere in 2006. The building is an excellent example of industrial design by Francisco & Jacobus, a successful New York firm. During the 1930s, Southern Biscuit Company, founded in 1899, became the first company to produce the Girl Scouts of America’s now-famous cookies.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark