Built in 1948, the Triangle Diner, located in Winchester on its original lot, has preserved most of the Moderne architectural features that are representative of the stainless-steel prefabricated diners of the post-World War II era. It was manufactured by Jerry O’Mahony, Inc. of Elizabeth, New Jersey, one of the most significant diner manufacturing companies of all time and the company that inspired copycat diner designs throughout the 1950s. The Triangle Diner is the older of only two stainless-steel O’Mahony diners known to exist in Virginia. It was listed in the registers under the Diners of Virginia Multiple Property Document.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark