For additional information, read the Nomination Form PDF
NPS property number 01000697
A. C. Beatie House was constructed in 1891 as the home of Alonzo Claibourne Beatie, a locally prominent political leader and farmer. Built by local carpenter and builder William Pendleton, the Beatie House features Queen Anne detailing and retains unaltered evidence of Pendleton’s craftsmanship with scroll-sawn brackets, ornamental interior woodwork, and graining. The property also contains contemporary agricultural outbuildings as well as a site that comprises the ruins of Town House, a regionally important dwelling constructed in phases after 1770 and owned by the Beatie family since 1837.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark
Updated April 4, 2018