The Preston House, located near Saltville in Smyth County, was originally the home of Francis Preston, who represented the area in Congress and controlled the salt-producing lands in the vicinity. Begun in 1795 and later expanded, the house was demolished for a new dwelling in 1978.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark