For additional information, read the Nomination Form PDF
VLR Listing Date 04/06/1971
NRHP Listing Date 07/02/1971
NRHP Reference Number 71001063
Delisted from NRHP on 06/01/1975
Built in 1841-48, the Greek Revival Botetourt County Courthouse was the architectural centerpiece of the town of Fincastle until it burned in 1970. The original walls were subsequently dismantled, and the four columns were incorporated into a modern copy of the courthouse. The courthouse is a contributing building in the Fincastle Historic District.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark
Updated: July 10, 2020