Hamilton Masonic Lodge, located in the town of Hamilton in central Loudoun County, is the finest surviving late-19th-century Masonic lodge in northern Virginia. The three-story, Italianate brick building was designed by Alexandria architect John R. Lamden and was constructed by local builder Richard Ruse in 1873 for Masonic Lodge No. 37. The building is noted for its fine brickwork, tall double-sash windows, bracketed eaves, and open belfry with an arched roof. The building’s first and second floors were used as a public school until 1921, while the third floor served as a meeting place for the local Masonic lodge until 1953.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark