To read or print the PDF of a publication, when available below, Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer. DHR also can provide a hardcopy of any of the documents below that are in PDF format. Please contact Quatro Hubbard for information.
Technical Assistance Articles
- The Basics of Moisture Problems – What to Look For and How to Fix It
- The Dangers of Burning Paint
- Repointing Mortar
- Side Swiped: The Truth About Siding
- Slate or Slate Substitute?
- Barrier Free Access in Historic Buildings
- Burning Off Paint
- Lead Paint: Abatement and Mitigation
- Pigeon Problems
- Retrofitting Historic Windows
- Synthetic Siding
- Use of Hardiplank (Cementitious Siding) for Rehabilitation Tax Credit Projects
Preservation Briefs. These in-depth reports prepared by the National Park Service provide valuable technical information and tips for important aspects of historic rehabilitation. Follow the Preservation Briefs link to the National Park Service Website for downloadable PDF versions of the briefs. Most Preservation Briefs also are available in print format from the Department of Historic Resources. See also Interpreting the Standards Bulletins.
Updated October 19, 2020