The Southwest No. 7 Boundary Marker of the Original District of Columbia is located behind the Woodlake Towers Condominiums on South Manchester Street in Arlington County, on the fenceline between the condo grounds and Carlin Springs Elementary School. When first surveyed in 1906, the stone was observed to have scars that may have resulted from Civil War era use for target practice. The Southwest No. 7 Boundary Marker was listed under the Multiple Property Document (MPD) form for the Boundary Markers of the Original District of Columbia.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark