Mount Calvary Lutheran Church is located in the Stony Man region of Page County. Constructed in 1848, a church building had been located on this site since 1765. The Mount Calvary congregation was founded during the earliest period of German settlement in the Valley of Virginia when Adam Mueller formed the Massanutten settlement in 1726. The present church is the third to occupy this site. Simple in form, the Mount Calvary Lutheran Church building exhibits fine American-bond brickwork and primary side entrances. One of the most outstanding details is the interior gallery which projects from three walls. The gallery is supported on Tuscan-style columns. The interior also features two Champion woodstoves and an 1890s pump organ.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark