Green Hill Cemetery

Located just east of the Luray Downtown Historic District in Page County on the town’s main street, Green Hill Cemetery was established in 1877 as a commercial venture by Daniel […]

Koontz-Cave House

Located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Page County, the Koontz-Cave House, built in 1869, combines elements of Italianate, Greek Revival, and Gothic Revival architecture, blending popular […]


Just north of the town of Luray in Page County, prominent county resident Joseph Rhodes Almond built Almond around 1858, fusing Greek Revival style and Italianate detailing in its well-crafted […]

Fort Rodes

Fort Rodes is a distinctive example of the Rhenish houses of the Page Valley. It is called a “fort” for its vaulted cooling cellar, a common feature of Germanic houses […]

Locust Grove

Nestled between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Massanutten Range in Page County, Locust Grove was built around 1830. The brick, two-story Federal-style house reveals the tendency of builders to […]

Welfley-Shuler House

The Welfley-Shuler House is an imaginative vernacular interpretation of the Greek Revival and Italianate styles. Located across the Shenandoah River from the town of Shenandoah in southwest Page County, the […]

Luray Norfolk & Western Passenger Station

The coming of the railroad in 1881 transformed the economies of Page County and its county seat, Luray. Today the Luray Norfolk & Western Passenger Station represents an important reminder […]


Kanawha, later named Tuckahoe, was the creation of Vernon H. Ford, businessman and mayor of town of Luray, the Page County seat. His imposing Classical Revival residence was constructed between […]

Abram & Sallie Printz Farm

The Abram & Sallie Printz Farm, also known as Mountainview, is a well-preserved farmstead of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Established in the 1870s by Abram Printz, a […]

Mount Calvary Lutheran Church

Mount Calvary Lutheran Church is located in the Stony Man region of Page County. Constructed in 1848, a church building had been located on this site since 1765. The Mount […]