The Belmont Methodist-Episcopal Church, completed in 1921, is among the city of Roanoke’s most significant Protestant churches dating to the first quarter of the 20th century, and today is an important part of the city’s historic Belmont neighborhood. Designed by noted Virginia architects Herbert L. Cain and Homer M. Miller, the church remains in excellent condition with few modifications to the original building. An imposing local landmark, the church incorporates an extensive array of Gothic Revival-design elements, superior workmanship, and durable, high quality building materials.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark