Earlysville Union Church was built in 1833 on land donated by John Early, who gave his name to the surrounding village. The church is a simple frame building with two doors at its eastern gable end. Its simple but solid construction is typical of that used in the northwestern Blue Ridge Mountain foothills of Albemarle County. The church served as a house of worship for congregations of Baptists, Methodists, and Presbyterians, and, most recently, as a Sunday School. The interior worship space is simple; the pews are its most elaborate feature. Rehabilitated in the 1880s, the Earlysville Union Church is a central landmark in the western Albemarle County village of Earlysville.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark