Guerrant House is locally significant as a rare survival of a once prevalent house type; the basic one-and-a-half-story frame farmhouse with a kitchen building connected to the rear. Much of the Virginia landscape was once dotted with these buildings, but few remain, and fewer still in Buckingham County. The house was built about 1835 by Peter Guerrant and for more than 130 years was the home of the Guerrant and Snoddy families. The house exhibits typical late-Federal decorative and construction details, including beaded weatherboards, a boxed cornice with dentils, and shouldered chimneys. A smokehouse and small family cemetery also are on the Guerrant House property.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark