An imposing colonial mansion, Bladensfield was built in the third quarter of the 18th century by Robert (“Councillor”) Carter, who in 1790 gave the place to his son-in-law John C. Peck. It was purchased in 1847 by the Rev. William N. Ward, whose descendants owned it when it burned in 1996.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark