The Old Town Hall and School in the Prince William County Town of Haymarket was constructed in 1883, after the town’s incorporation in 1882. Although it ceased functioning as a school around 1900, it continued in its role as Haymarket’s town hall and community meeting place until 2001. The building is a testimony to the civic and social pride of the residents who rebuilt their community after the destruction and setbacks the area experienced during the Civil War. Still owned by the Town of Haymarket, the Old Town Hall and School houses a museum of local history.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark