For additional information, read the Nomination Form PDF
NRHP Reference Number 02001006
Fulkerson-Hilton House was built around 1800 of oak, pine, and poplar hewn logs. The two-story house rests on a limestone foundation and faces the north fork of the Holston River. The dwelling was the residence of frontier settler Abraham Fulkerson, who fought in the American Revolution, purchased the property in the 1780s, and operated a mill there before becoming one of the first Scott County commissioners in 1814. The Rev. Samuel Hilton, who established two Baptist churches in the area, bought the property in 1816. Fulkersons and Hiltons have intermarried over the years, and the house remains in the possession of family heirs.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark
Updated April 4, 2018