The four-story Harrison-Hancock Hardware Co. Building was Christiansburg’s chief example of small-town, turn-of-the-century commercial architecture. It was built in 1910 to supply the community with essential dry goods. It was listed in the registers in 1989 under the Historic and Prehistoric Resources of Montgomery County MPD, and the property is within the boundaries of the listed Christiansburg Downtown Historic District. The building was delisted after it was demolished for a parking lot prior to 1996.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark