The Prince William County Courthouse is a two-story polychromatic Victorian Romanesque-style building completed in 1893 in the city of Manassas. Architects James C. Teague and Philip Thorton Mayre of Norfolk and Newport News designed it. The courthouse building is two stories high and roughly square, measuring 52 by 60 feet. The building’s colors and textures are created by belt courses of rusticated sandstone and molded brick. Rusticated stone is used in the exposed foundation, a large semicircular stone arch forming the main entrance, the lintels above the windows, and belt courses defining the first and second floors and the cornice of the Prince William County Courthouse building. The walls of the building are predominantly red brick with a light red wash added during the 2000-2001 restoration. Of the six courthouses built in Prince William County, this is the fifth, as well as the second-oldest courthouse remaining (after the courthouse building in Brentsville). The Prince William County Courthouse is a contributing property in the Manassas Historic District.
Many properties listed in the registers are private dwellings and are not open to the public, however many are visible from the public right-of-way. Please be respectful of owner privacy.
VLR: Virginia Landmarks Register
NPS: National Park Service
NRHP: National Register of Historic Places
NHL: National Historic Landmark