Donk’s Theatre

Donk’s Theatre, in Mathews County, built during 1946-47, operated as a motion picture theatre until 1970. It reopened in 1975 as a live country music theater, hosting many well known […]

Lawrenceville Historic District

Lawrenceville Historic District includes most of the town that has developed around the Brunswick County seat, established in 1814. Much of that growth was directly related to the coming of […]

Beacon Theatre

Beacon Theatre, originally known as the “Broadway Theatre,” opened in 1928. The architects of this eclectic building were Osbert L. Edwards of Hopewell and Fred Bishop of Richmond. In their […]

North Wales

North Wales is a 1,288-acre estate in the hunt country of central Fauquier County. Falmouth merchant William Allason established a thriving plantation and built the Georgian-style stone house on the […]

Miss Ann

Miss Ann was built by Pusey & Jones Shipyard of Wilmington, Delaware, in 1926 as the pleasure yacht Siele for John French of Detroit. In 1941, a subsequent owner sold […]

Ben Dover

Built in 1853 by William B. Standard, the original house at Ben Dover, located in Goochland County, is most associated with architect Richard Upjohn. Ben Dover’s most notable inhabitant, William […]

Buffalo Springs Historical Archeological District

The Buffalo Springs Historical Archaeological District preserves the remains of a rare Southside springs resort in Mecklenburg County, known alternatively as Buffalo Lithia Springs or Buffalo Mineral Springs. While such […]

Burrland Farm Historic District

Burrland Farm Historic District is an elaborate equestrian complex, important for its architectural character and its association with Virginia equine history. The greater part of the 30-building ensemble was completed […]

Bristol Commercial Historic District

Bristol Commercial Historic District is located in the commercial center of the city, which is unique in that it straddles the Virginia-Tennessee border. State Street provides the main corridor in […]

Tanglewood

Tanglewood, a popular restaurant and meeting place in Goochland County, west of Richmond, ranks as one of the best remaining examples of Rustic Style vernacular architecture in Virginia. The earliest […]